Transition Resources

The chart below discusses disability services in high school and college/university settings.

  High School College/University
Registering for Services Students are identified by the school and evaluated for services. Students must self-identify, provide documentation, and register for services with DRS.
Evaluations/Documentation The school is responsible for evaluating and/or updating the student’s documentation. However, the student can utilize third party evaluators. The student is responsible for acquiring and paying for evaluations and/or updated documentation.
IEP/Accommodations Individualized Education Plans and/or 504 Plans are developed with the student, parents, faculty, and specialist. Accommodations are discussed between the student, Disability Specialist, and if needed, the instructor or program coordinator.
Classroom Placement Student classroom placement may include standard and/or resource classrooms. Classroom settings are standard for all students across campus.


Helpful links related to transition: