The Office of Diversity and Inclusion (ODI) was established in 2015 to help build the University into a world-class model of diversity and inclusion defined by inclusive excellence and an environment that allows everyone to thrive.
ODI is committed to fostering diversity and celebrating differences, educating the community on the benefits of diversity, promoting equity, eliminating discrimination, and advancing equal access to all opportunities at the University.
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion:
- Coordinates, facilitates and participates in the development and implementation of equal opportunity, nondiscrimination, and diversity policies, procedures, and guidelines for the University.
- Monitors progress in implementing diversity initiatives and realizing objectives for enhancing inclusion.
- Prepares institutional and governmental reports including, but not limited to, the University's Affirmative Action Plans.
- Develops and delivers education and training.
- Organizes, collaborates on, and participates in a variety of cultural celebrations.
- Investigates and/or coordinates the handling of internal complaints of discrimination, bias incidents, discriminatory harassment, and grievances associated with accommodation requests.
- Develops and creates new and existing Pitt Communities for faculty and staff.
- Coordinates and facilitates the University’s digital accessibility compliance program and plan to ensure equal access to all electronic programs and services.
A Welcome from our Vice Chancellor
Pamela Connelly is dedicated to fostering diversity and inclusion at Pitt and has University-wide responsibility for coordinating and expanding Pitt’s commitment to, and emphasis on, diversity and inclusion.
The University’s strategic plan, The Plan for Pitt, includes the goal to promote Diversity and Inclusion. This goal aspires Pitt to be a University community that embodies diversity and inclusion as core values that enrich learning, scholarship, and the communities we serve. View the accolades received.
Notice of Non-Discrimination
The University of Pittsburgh, as an educational institution and as an employer, does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, marital status, familial status, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status or gender identity and expression in its programs and activities.
Read the Notice of Non-Discrimination and learn about the resources available.
ODI Vision, Mission, and Strategic Plan
Diversity and Inclusion are key values and goals for Pitt. Learn about the Office of Diversity and Inclusion's Mission, Vision, and Strategic Plan.