The University of Pittsburgh seeks nominations for the 2018 University Prize for Strategic, Inclusive and Diverse Excellence ("UPSIDE"). The amount of the award this year will be $10,000.
Consistent with the University’s Strategic Plan, UPSIDE will be presented to the outstanding University of Pittsburgh school, division, initiative, or program area ("Programs") making a significant contribution to increasing diversity and inclusion. UPSIDE will acknowledge those Programs that seek to increase access to and full participation in all aspects of the University by minorities, women and other protected classes under the law.
Factors for consideration include:
- A consistent record of commitment and success in diversity and inclusion efforts and related initiatives that impact the University community. There will be greater consideration given to those nominations that include multiple years of documented achievements for the reviewing committee to consider;
- Innovative approaches to increasing diversity and inclusion within the University community in areas such as recruitment, retention, promotion, academic, and other programming and business activities or enterprises; and
- Creative and inspiring plans for future initiatives, particularly plans developed with cross-unit partners, and which illustrate innovative approaches.
Programs previously nominated but not selected are encouraged to seek nomination again. Self-nominations are permitted.
Nominations should include:
- The name, address and phone number of the Program area being nominated;
- The name, email address, address and phone number of the nominator;
- A (2-3) page description of the Program that warrants the UPSIDE recognition, including details consistent with the criteria above; and
- A supplemental dossier, where possible, that contains illustrations, supportive information and other relevant documentation on the impact of the Program nominated for this award.
Submit materials by email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday, July 13, 2018.
Please include UPSIDE Award in the Subject Line. If you have questions about the UPSIDE Award, call 412-648-7860 or email email@example.com.