The Office of Diversity and Inclusion (ODI) was established in 2015 to help build the University into a world-class model of diversity and inclusion defined by inclusive excellence and an environment that allows everyone to thrive.
ODI is committed to fostering diversity and celebrating differences, educating the community on the benefits of diversity, promoting equity, eliminating discrimination, and advancing equal access to all opportunities at the University.
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion:
- Coordinates, facilitates and participates in the development and implementation of equal opportunity, nondiscrimination, and diversity policies, procedures, and guidelines for the University.
- Monitors progress in implementing diversity initiatives and realizing objectives for enhancing inclusion.
- Prepares institutional and governmental reports including, but not limited to, the University's Affirmative Action Plans.
- Develops and delivers education and training.
- Organizes, collaborates on, and participates in a variety of cultural celebrations.
- Investigates and/or coordinates the handling of internal complaints of discrimination, bias incidents, discriminatory harassment, and grievances associated with accommodation requests.
- Develops and creates new and existing Affinity Groups for faculty and staff.
A Message from our Vice Chancellor
Pamela Connelly is dedicated to fostering diversity and inclusion at Pitt and has University-wide responsibility for coordinating and expanding Pitt’s commitment to, and emphasis on, diversity and inclusion. Read a message from our Associate Vice Chancellor.
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion strives to advance Pitt’s efforts to embed diversity as a transformational force in academic excellence and professional growth through education, the celebration of diversity, and the fair and objective response to complaints and issues.
Meet the Team
Our staff is available to answer inquiries or provide information on the University's diversity initiatives, equal opportunity and compliance with related governmental requirements. Meet the Office of Diversity and Inclusion team.
Diversity and Inclusion are key values and goals for Pitt. In the University's Strategic Plan—The Plan for Pitt: Making a Difference Together, Academic Years 2016-2020, Pitt established "Embrace Diversity and Inclusion" as one of its five stand alone strategic goals. It also embeds the values of diversity and inclusion into several other goals. Read The Plan For Pitt (PDF).
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion, and the Title IX Office, offer office hours in a number of locations across campus. Visit the Office Hours page for more information.