The Women’s Affinity Group seeks to empower and support the development of women employed at the University through dynamic programming and community engagement.
If you are interested in joining or have questions about the community, please email EJ Milarski-Veenis and Cyndi Caldwell at Pittwomen@pitt.edu.
For general Pitt Communities questions, please reach out to Ron Idoko with the Office of Diversity & Inclusion at firstname.lastname@example.org and 412-648-4606.
EJ Milarski-Veenis and Cyndi Caldwell are proud to serve as the group’s inaugural co-chairs. While the format can be flexible to meet the needs of volunteer availability, an ideal Leadership Team will be comprised of:
Co-Chair, Staff Representative: manages the group’s events, annual programming, communications, and general membership meetings and needs.
Co-Chair, Faculty Representative: manages the group’s events, annual programming, communications, and general membership meetings and needs.
Business Manager: manages the group’s budget, membership roster and minutes.
Committee Chairs: manages specific programming and/or events on behalf of the group. These designations can be organized at the beginning of a term or an ad hoc basis.
- Career Building events such as a Salary Negotiation Workshop
- Women in the Workplace Panel comprised of prominent Pitt staff and alumnae
- Inaugural Book Club focusing on Ask for It: How Women Can Use the Power of Negotiation to Get What They Really Want
- Author Talk featuring Book Club book author, Linda Babcock
- Heinz Chapel private tour focusing on the women featured on the stained-glass windows
- Summer networking events while crafting at the Center for Creativity