Pitt Communities are staff & faculty affinity groups linked by a common purpose, ideology, or interest, and they play a vital role in ensuring an inclusive environment where all are valued, included, and empowered to succeed.
Join a Pitt Community with those who share a common interest and enjoy these benefits:
- network with your peers as part of a staff and faculty affinity group and take advantage of professional development opportunities;
- collaborate on inclusion and equity initiatives;
- gain a collective voice and relationship with the Office of Diversity and Inclusion;
- help foster a community of support, respect and advancement;
- engage in recruitment and retention efforts; and
- broaden cultural awareness on campus.
Our Pitt Communities include:
- CAG (Chinese Affinity Group)
- Equipoise (African/Black Affinity Group)
- HLPA (Hispanic and Latino Professional Association
- PQP (Pitt Queer Professionals)
- Women's Affinity Group
- Veterans Affinity Group
Interested in starting a new Pitt Community? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your ideas and we’ll help you bring your community together!