Winners of the Vibrant Pittsburgh 2018 Employee Resource Groups Award
The mission of the LGBTQIA+ Affinity Group at the University of Pittsburgh is to promote the professional and social development of LGBTQIA+ staff and faculty and advocate for the needs of our community by hosting, or participating in various social events, educating the greater University of Pittsburgh community, fostering a climate of outreach and inclusion, and acting as an agent for the collective voices of the university's LGBTQIA+ professional community.
General meetings of Pitt Queer Professionals are open to the entire Pitt Community. Please feel free to join us.
Fall 2020 meetings on Zoom. Register online.
- Friday, September 18 from 2:00pm to 3:00pm
- Friday, October 16 from 2:00pm to 3:00pm
- Friday, November 20 from 2:00pm to 3:00pm
- Friday, December 18 from 2:00pm to 3:00pm
- PQP Meet and Greet - October 8th at 12 pm. Register for the Meet and Greet.
Events and initiatives have included:
- National Coming Out Day event at the University Club
- Fundraisers to support Engage Pitt’s LGBTQIA+ Research and Outreach Fund
- Networking events with CMU and the Pitt LGBTQIA+ Alumni Council
- Queer Making at the Center for Creativity
- Panel discussion on being out in the workplace
- Working with upper administration to address issues relevant to the Pitt queer community
- Marching and tabling at People’s Pride each June
To join our membership email list for news, events, and updates, please contact PQP@pitt.edu