To assist staff, faculty, and students in meeting the responsibilities described in the EIT Accessibility Policy and Procedure, the university will make training and support readily available.
In addition to the guidance offered on this website, there is a general overview on web accessibility available online through SiteImprove, recurring workshops that delve deeper into different accessibility topics are regularly offered, and ODI can customize a training for your school/unit.
A basic overview of web accessibility is available online for all faculty and staff through Siteimprove The online training provides a baseline understanding of the legal framework, technical standards, and practical applications of EIT accessibility
Siteimprove also offers longer, more in-depth courses. These courses include:
- Accessibility for Content Contributors and Designers
- Accessibility for Leadership
- Accessibility for Microsoft Office
- Accessibility for Web Developers
Access to these courses can be requested at email@example.com
LinkedIn Learning offers a wide variety of courses geared towards making content more accessible. You can access LinkedIn Learning using your Pitt login. Below are some recommendations to get you started.
- Creating Accessible Documents in Microsoft Office
- Creating Accessible PDFs
- Accessibility for Web Design
- UX Foundations: Accessibility
Workshops are offered throughout the year on a variety of topics. Specific topics include (but are not limited to):
- Policy Overview and Accessibility Best Practices - Remote sessions coming soon!
- Accessibility 101
- Accessible Microsoft Office documents
- Web Development in Drupal
- Accessibility in Online Courses
- PDF Accessibility
Workshops can also be provided to individual schools/units as needed. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if your school/unit would like to host a customized training.
Individuals may also wish to sign up for one-on-one consultations or attend open office hours with accessibility staff from ODI for more individualized support. Email email@example.com to schedule a time or drop in during one of the open office hours listed below.
- Monday 9-10am
- Wednesday 3-4pm
- Thursday 12-1pm