- Request a Workshop
- Racial Equity Consciousness
- Diversity and Inclusion Certificate
- Advancing Institutional Antiracism
- Institutional Equity Workshops
- Accessibility Education
- Civil Rights & Title IX Training
- Online Trainings
- Faculty Recruitment
- Campus Groups and Committees
- DEI Resources Inventory
- Sexual Misconduct Prevention
- AAU Climate Survey
- Campus Climate Survey 2023
- Supplier Diversity Program
- Civ Wiz
- Holiday Calendar
- Monthly Celebrations
- Virtual Events
- Diversity Forum 2022
- MLK Social Justice Week
- Black Lives in Focus
- Indigenous Cultural Festival - September 19th - 25th
- 2022 Latinx Connect Conference
- Diverse Populations
- Asian American and Pacific Islander Resources
- Black and African American Resources
- Hispanic or Latinx Resources
- Individuals with Disabilities
- LGBTQIA+ Resources
- Religious Resources
- Lactation Rooms
- Pregnant and Parenting Students
- Disability Access
- Disability Resources and Services
- Digital Accessibility
- Campus Map - ADA Accessibility
- Civil Rights & Title IX
- Make a Report
- Resources and Support Services
- Policies, Procedures, and Practices
- Disclose Your Veteran or Disability Status
- Religious Accommodations
- File an ADA Grievance
- Make a Report
Please use the Pitt Concern Connection to report concerns and incidents. The Pitt Concern Connection can be accessed by texting 412-903-3456, calling 800-468-5768, or completing an online form. You can also make reports to our office via email at email@example.com.
If you are experiencing a crisis or are in an emergency situation, please contact the University of Pittsburgh Police at 412-624-2121 or dial 9-1-1.
The Office for Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion (OEDI) was established in 2015 to help build the University into a world-class model of diversity and inclusion defined by inclusive excellence and an environment that allows everyone to thrive.
OEDI is committed to fostering diversity and celebrating differences, educating the community on the benefits of diversity, promoting equity, eliminating discrimination, and advancing equal access to all opportunities at the University.
The Office for Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion:
- Coordinates, facilitates and participates in the development and implementation of equal opportunity, nondiscrimination, and diversity policies, procedures, and guidelines for the University.
- Monitors progress in implementing diversity initiatives and realizing objectives for enhancing inclusion.
- Prepares institutional and governmental reports including, but not limited to, the University's Affirmative Action Plans.
- Develops and delivers education and training.
- Organizes, collaborates on, and participates in a variety of cultural celebrations.
- Investigates and/or coordinates the handling of internal complaints of discrimination, bias incidents, discriminatory harassment, and grievances associated with accommodation requests.
- Develops and creates new and existing Pitt Communities for faculty and staff.
- Coordinates and facilitates the University’s digital accessibility compliance program and plan to ensure equal access to all electronic programs and services.
Mission and Vision
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are key values and goals for Pitt. Learn about the Office for Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion's Mission, Vision, and Strategic Plan.
Read University statements and messages from the Vice Chancellor for Equity, Diversity and Inclusion to the Pitt community.
The University’s strategic plan, The Plan for Pitt, includes the goal to promote Diversity and Inclusion. This goal aspires Pitt to be a University community that embodies diversity and inclusion as core values that enrich learning, scholarship, and the communities we serve. View the accolades received.
Meet the Team
Our staff is available to answer inquiries or provide information on the University's diversity initiatives, equal opportunity and compliance with related governmental requirements.
The Office for Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion, and the Civil Rights and Title IX Office, offer office hours in a number of locations across campus. Visit the Office Hours page for more information.